Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ooh na na, what's my weight....

I don't know what this info really says about what's going on with my weight, but out of curiosity, I measure and weigh monthly to see if my INTENSE training is doing anything.


Feb 8th
119lbs
Waist 27.5"
Hips 35.25"
Upper leg 21.25"
Above knee 16"
Calf 14"
Left Bicept (unflexed) 10"


Jan 3rd
118lbs
Waist 26.75"
Hips 35"
Upper leg 21"
Above knee 16"
Calf 14"
Left Bicept (unflexed) 9.75"


So it looks like I've gained a pound, but really that could be due to hydration, food ingestion, time of day, or maybe I'm just a pound of muscle heavier.  Gained .75 inches in the waist? what the heck? I hope that extra pound is food then!! 0.25" in the hips....could that be from a bigger butt??  My weight training has mostly been concentrating on increasing strength in the hamstrings, quads and glutes, so the 0.25" gain in upper leg and hips makes sense. Stronger arms!! .25"!! yeah for swimming!
So I've gained some mass here and there, but it's only the first month in! I've still got 6 more to go!  And really, numbers are just numbers!  It's how I feel that's the most important thing.  I feel stronger, and I can see that my body looks more fit!


Overall though I do feel tired all the time!  
I was discussing Ironman with a fellow swimmer and she was saying how her and her husband were going to do a half Ironman distance at the end of the summer.  She wanted to do a full Ironman distance, but wanted to see how the half went first.  Her decision to do a full would have nothing to do with the race itself, but the time spent training for a half and then relating that to the time needed to train for a full.
Hm, well that's funny! Usually people say the factor holding them back from doing Ironman is the distance of the race, not the time needed in order to train for the race.  That is, unless you speak with someone who's already trained and raced a full Ironman distance.  Smart! 
Training for IMC while taking 2 classes and working part-time....what was I thinking!!!???
8 more weeks and 1 class will be done while the 2nd class depends on me because its self-paced.  Put school on hold again? scrape by on depleting finances??  In 8 weeks time, I'll know what to do because I'll either have no more money, or my class schedule will "work" and allow me to work, train and study. I know which way Im leaning though.


Only missed one swim workout last week due to a swollen eye.  I didnt know how my goggles would fare over a swollen eye lid so I decided to just skip the swim instead.  11.5 hours worth of training later and I'm already into the next week.  Those Monday Rest days just don't seem long enough!

4 comments: