Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new year is a new year

This whole blogging thing requires more dedication then i thought!  A new year means a fresh start though.

New years resolution, as indicated on facebook, "get fit and exercise more."  A joke right?  I just finished Ironman last year!  Well, I also missed a lot of workouts, opting to sleep instead.  Not this year! 

The first time I trained for Ironman, it was fear of missing the bike cut off time and DNF-ing (did not finish) that kept me pushing to train.  Last year, though, I knew Id finish....so there was no fear....too bad.
Secretly, I hope to finish Ironman 2011 under 11 hours.  Maybe.

Started the year with an easy 80 min run.  Telling myself that running in -2 degree outside instead of snuggling inside with my dog Choco, wasn't so easy.  In fact, I procrastinated until 7:30pm but when I finally got my ass outside and passed another runner on the sidewalk I was glad that I wasnt the only crazy fool running in the freezing cold evening.
Im off to a good start! 

EAT.SLEEP.TRAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment