Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nobody's perfect

Argh, I missed a workout last week!!  Totally my fault and totally avoidable, but I thought I could do it! and maybe 2 years ago, I would have been able to.  On Saturday, I should have woken up earlier but I chose to sleep in a little instead so by the time I was out the door, I was already an hour behind schedule.  Unfortunately, doing my long ride was not the first thing on my 'to-do' list that day but I managed to get semi-caught up and started my ride just 30mins behind schedule.  This still left me scrambling to get ready, trying to get to my work's 1 year anniversary dinner on time.  Unfortunately, this also meant that I didn't have enough time to properly re-hydrate after riding for 2.20 hours.  Free drink tickets and cheap drinks meant many vodka cranberry highballs and a couple glasses of wine...
Well, I woke up the next morning at 6:45 am to get ready to run by 8, but there was no way I was actually getting out of bed.  Eventually I did roll out from under my blankets and put my running shoes on to do 50 mins on my own, but after that, I was done for the day.  In the state I was in, I just couldn't make the idea of getting into a pool and swimming 1500m appealing.


I cant beat myself up about it too badly.  It's only week two of 34!  I had a great time dressing up and dancing with my co-workers, plus I still got all my other workouts done for week 2.  I completed two drills/technique swims along with two strength training workouts.  The short ride, spinning class and long ride got done as well as my two shorter intensity runs and long run.  I don't regret going out and having fun, but there won't be any more heavy drinking until after the big race.  Fun, yes.  Drunk, no.


Week 3 is looking pretty good! 


ps, I've edited the comment leaving box so that you can leave a comment w/o having any sort of account.

No comments:

Post a Comment