Sunday, March 20, 2011

Harry's 8K, I dont think I like running

First race of the year! Harry's 8k.


The race, which took place in Stanley Park, was a great race!  Beautiful scenery, very well organized, nice and flat.


I didnt do TOO bad.  Finished in 38 mins and 15 seconds.  I was 168th out of 959 runners, 36th out of 489 women and 10th out of 94 women in my age group.  Top ten!! 


I didnt walk away with any medals, but I did walk away with the realization that I dont like running races.  At least not short races like 8k.  The first 10 mins of the race was like playing Frogger, dodging in and out, weaving around slower people.   After things cleared up, it took another 15 mins for me to fully warm up.  You know that feeling where everything is burning:  legs, feet, lungs, stomach, throat... It wasnt until I saw the 6k marker that I tuned into "race mode."


I think I'll just stick to triathlons for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment