Tuesday, March 8, 2011

oops

i gotta write something!! its been two weeks, im falling out of habit!


regarding my last post: im not saying that losing weight is as simple as eating healthy and less while exercising and you'll lose weight.  If that was the case, then EVERYBODY would be thin and fit.  Eating healthy all the time and keeping up exercise is HARD WORK!  I know!! Not only am I trying to eat healthy, but im trying to eat healthy minus wheat and dairy! Plus, I have a ridiculous training schedule.


so what do I eat now?  I used to turn to foot long subways and pizza as my staple, quick cheap 'healthy' ish meals. And cereal.  Lots of cereal. Plus granola bars and protein bars.  I cant do that anymore.
Most morning, I wake up to a bowl of oatmeal with some flax seeds.  Sometimes its plain oatmeal, sometimes its the quaker kind with cinnamon and sugar or apple.  I like to grind the flax seeds, but lately I havent had time to grind a batch.  Lunch is usually sushi salmon roll and california roll.  As long as there are no weird sauces or tempura, I can eat it.  I havent had a problem with the artificial crab meat in california rolls may contain wheat.  I do, however, have to buy my own, organic wheat free soya sauce. Yes, regular soya sauce has wheat in it.  I'm glad I can buy cheap, quick sushi take out from Fujiya (on !st and Clarke).  If not sushi, then lunch is mom's korean cookin'.  Usually some soup made from rice dough.  Dinner is again mom's korean cooking I really need to learn how to cook korean food, or any food for that matter! Occasionally Pho makes an appearance for lunch or dinner.  That's usually how the meals go.  For snacks, ill grab a handful of almonds.  I literally have to drive with a little tupperware container with mixed nuts so I dont get hunger pains while driving to or from a workout, school or work.


And my treat, since I cant indulge with chocolates, or ice-cream or cookies.....dried mangos!! mmmm!!!! buy me dried mango and im a happy camper.







No comments:

Post a Comment