Saturday, January 8, 2011

First week, almost done!!

My first week of training is almost done!  I think its safe to say that I will have completed every workout this week! HUGE improvement from last year where I would have finished 2-3 out of the 10 workouts.




By the end of tomorrow, I will have dedicated approx 9 hours to training; 2 swims, 3 rides 3 runs and 2 strength training.




I got my results back from the lactate zone assessment today (one of my larger financial investments).  So now I can train in my proper training zones, which I hadnt been doing during my off-season training.  What the heck is a lactate zone assessment you ask?  Good question! ...and its one that I cant properly explain.  But the results tell me what intensity I need to be training in to see improvement in my performance.  If you're really curious, shoot me a msg, and ill explain it better...




I always think of different things i want to blog about throughout the week, but then when it comes time to put the fingers to the keyboard, I cant remember any of it.




I guess ill blog more often??


OH YES!! now I remember what I was going to say!!
My recovery drink! no, im not buying powders or protein drinks.  Im drinking chocolate soy milk which has a 3;1 carb to protein ratio.  Im not looking to build bulk here!  This allows my body to replenish my carb stores and for an endurance athlete like myself, energy to keep going is what im going to need.


I've recently gone wheat and dairy free.  To be honest, all this intense training and improper nutrition-ing has left my internal body a wreck!  And when things arent working good on the inside, it effects the things on the outside.
I used to say "Oh, I just eat whatever I want.  When im hungry, I eat, when im not, i dont." And "oh its ok if I eat this chocolate bar or ice-cream cone, im just going to burn it all off anyways"  But then I was always hungry and that one chocolate bar became 4 in one sitting!  I was hungry and needed food, and those 4 chocolate bars were the only thing available....
Saying no to dairy and wheat hasn't been easy.  Have you ever stopped to think about whether or not what you're about to eat has wheat or dairy in it? Practically everything has wheat and dairy in it.   Sandwiches, cereals, sauces, dumplings, cookies, pasta, mashed potatoes even soy sauce has wheat in it.
Doesn't mean my taste buds cant enjoy delicious foods though.  I just need to be extra cautious and creative with meals.  Fruits, veggies and nuts....MMmmMM good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment